Morrocco Retreat – Marrakech
Nutrition Rocks has chosen the perfect location to host this inspiring, holistic 5 day retreat to focus and empower mind, body and soul.
We have chosen the beautifully designed Riad Porte Royal as the location for our October retreat
Dates Monday 6th October – Friday 10th October 2014
Renowned yoga teacher Dora Jane Winter and Expert Nutritionist and Registered Dietitian Hala El-Shafie have come together to develop this unique, empowering and dynamic retreat. We will empower you to focus and develop the values needed for ‘Loving the skin you are in’ and nourishing mind, body and spirit. Through guided meditation, daily yoga practice, mindfulness workshops, we will take you on a journey of self-discovery, supporting you with our holistic and dynamically unique approach.
Set in Marrakech, Riad Porte Royale is located west of the beautiful Mosque of Sidi-bel-Abbès, patron saint of Marrakech. Riad Porte Royale is in a friendly residential quarter of hidden mansions, palaces and boutique hotels, which has an authentic feel, and is ideal for the discerning visitor. Near the ramparts, Riad Porte Royale is easily accessible by car, but only a few minutes stroll from fine restaurants and the hurly-burly of the tourist trail that leads to nearby monuments and along the souks to Djemma el Fna square.
Dating back to about 1750, Riad Porte Royale has five bedrooms with ensuite bathrooms. Restored by master craftsmen, traditional finishes enhance the clean lines, and features such as the thick walls have been retained. In the luminous courtyard, the dipping pool mirrors the dramatic portico and the ancient ‘porte royale’. Standing nearby, a single grapefruit tree adds to a sense of harmony and tranquility.
Textiles, rugs, and objects d’art from the old caravan routes of Asia and Africa accent the white bedrooms. Elsewhere in Riad Porte Royale, there are several corners to relax in, from the b’hou off the courtyard, to the upstairs loggia with its fireplace and pretty window arches.
Your body will be nourished with an abundance offresh and locally sourced Moroccan whole foods and you have the opportunity to learn how to prepare some of these amazing dishes!
8am – Yoga and Meditationon the terrace
10am – 11 Brunch
11- 1:30 Down time sunbathing / one-to-one sessions/ massage
2:30 – 5 – Down time treatments / Reiki healing/ pool / sunbathing / expert one-to-one sessions/ Souks / sunbathing / Excursions / Henna / Massage / Trip to Hammam/ Yves St Laurent Garden/ Souk
5 – 6:30 – Yoga and Meditation on the terrace
7:30 – Dinner at the Riad
- Tuesday Following morning yoga and brunch you will have the opportunity to spend the day at your leisure having the opportunity to experience the famous Souks of Marrakech, the beautiful Yves St Laurent Gardens, a trip to the Hammam and Spa.
- Wednesday Excursion to Atlas and The Three Valleys – Explore incredible landscapes and ancient Berber traditions in this tour through the Atlas Mountains. Our route takes us from bustling Marrakech through the Ourika Valley to the Berber souk in Asni, followed by the Kik Plateau and Lalla Takerkoust lake. Take a tour through the Atlas mountains, and discover the region’s beautiful scenery and ancient Berber traditions Cross the Ourika Valley, and enjoy a lunch at a traditional Berber home Experience breathtaking and unforgettable views during your Morrocan experience.
- Thursday will be a cook and teach session at in the 5 star luxury setting of Jnane Tamsna set in exotic gardens encompassing lavender rosemary and olive trees with exquisite pools. Marrakech cuisine is famous throughout Morocco. During Jnane Tamsna’s cooking classes, you will learn how to make the finest Moroccan dishes and Marrakech specialties. Your culinary adventure will lead you from the organic vegetable garden into our kitchen. Only twenty minutes away from our verdant Palmeraie refuge is the eclectic, awe inspiring Medina, where our favourite purveyors will sell you the purest Moroccan spices.
Single occupancy SOLD OUT
Price twin occupancy £975
Included in the price
- Transfers from the airport to Riad Portal included in the price
- All Rooms with ensuite
- 4 night 5 day stay includes night cost
- Day at 5 star luxury Jnanane Tasna link http://www.jnane.com/video-gallery
- Excursion to Atlas and The Three Valleys
- Breakfast, Lunch and evening meal
- Twice daily Yoga – All tuition included
- Full use of Riad
Flights not included in Price
Please email your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
All dietary requirements can be accommodated for on this retreat